Pages

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Papertrey Ink July 2011 Release

Once again, Papertrey Ink has released beautiful stamps. I've never really followed Nichole Heady's blog, but I may have to start. I usually just check out the Make it Monday (still haven't made anything for that, but one day!) and check out what others have made for MIM. However, right before they release new stamps on the 15th of every month (I can't even imagine how much work that is), she and her design team (DT) make projects to reveal and show you ideas for the upcoming stamps. Her DT is phenomenal! They really show you what you can do with the stamps, and they make me want to get them. Come to think of it, maybe I shouldn't follow the blog. ;)

I don't know what her policies are, so I'm not going to post pictures here, but I will post some links to the new stamps and some of my favorite projects from the DT so you can check out their sites and blogs. Everyone wants a little traffic thrown their way, right?

July 2011 release can be found on the Papertrey Ink homepage.

At first glance, Tranquility Trinity is not my favorite. I usually prefer circles over triangles, but check out these great projects!

  • Erin Lincoln does a take on the fun of baby gender reveals. Also, her blog title, Procrastination Station, was the nickname of my college ResHall [dorm] room for the first two years of school, so I knew I would like her right away.
  • Check out these cute little straw flags Jessica Witty put together for a kids party! The card on her page was also very nice. I own a sewing machine, but I haven't learned how to use it yet. Maybe one day I can create something like that.
  • Maile Belles may be my absolute favorite! She combines layers of embossed images over stamped images for a very elegant finish!
I'm not going to post about the other stamps and their projects because there are so many, but you should definitely check them out at www.papertreyink.com. Be sure to take a closer look at:
  • Hanging Out stamp set. If you even know someone who knows someone that might be having a baby, you have enough cause to buy this insanely cute set! Once you see what Melissa Bickford did with this it, you'll know you must have it.
  • I really like the projects the designers did with the Peaceful Garden set. Lisa Johnson at Poppy Paperie created some cards that actually made me pause. They truly are peaceful. You also need to check out what Nichole Heady did with this set. Just click this link, and scroll down to the cards with the blue card bases. Jaw dropping. 
  • Half & Half, Little Labels, Think Big Favories #6, and Congrats All Ways stamp sets could easily become staples that you go to again and again. They would totally be worth the investment!
  • Dies! They look pretty plain at first glance, but check out how Maile Belles uses the Leafy Vine Border (very bottom of page) die, the Half & Half Die Collection, and the Woodgrain Impression Plate (6th one down). Can you see why she's becoming my favorite Papertrey designer?
If you have any projects using stamps or dies from the Papertrey Ink July 2011 release, post a link to your project in the comments section so folks can see what can be done.

I hope you found this helpful and that someone is guarding your wallet because these will be hard to resist!

From my happy place to yours,
Debbie

No comments: