Pages

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Callum's Travel Guide

This is a scrapbook I did for my friend who just had a baby. I got the idea from scrapbooksetc.com. the orginal idea was to create a baby book with premade pages so people could write messages on the blank pages. I essentially did the same thing, but the messages should specifically be advice to the baby about what he should know and do as he travels through life. There is a page for each of his immediate family members, and the "Mama" and "Dad" pages were personalized with maps of their home states. Most of the pages are travel themed, but there are a few that aren't that I just enjoyed making so I put them in anyway. I found it difficult to keep with the theme and the color scheme without repeating a lot. Please feel free to leave comments and suggestions.


This is the front cover and the first page for the baby's picture. I scraplifted the baby page from a 12x12 layout, but altered it to fit the 8x8 format I'm using. The dove is there because the name Callum means dove.


The left page is a map of the state the mother grew up in. The two strips of the map that overlap the title are the cities where the mother was born and where the baby was born, respectively. The segments on the map on the right side are other signifanct places (such as where she went to college) from the state map.


Again, the map on both sides is of the state where the father grew up. On the right page, I punched his hometown out of the map and put in in a tag to coordinate with the stamped tag title.

This page was interesting. The metal letters are eylets, but I've never worked with eyelets like this before. I couldn't figure out how to use them (actually this was one of the last pages I made so I had little patience left). I ended up pounding down the backs of them and hot gluing the on. It was a good stress reliever. The bicylce isn't an actual scrapbook embellishment (I got it in the jewelry section of the craft store), but I really liked it, and it worked.


This is a pretty simple page made with a flower punch and stamps for the title.


Another simple page. I created the tag my rounding the corners of a rectangle and cutting the top corners of the rectangle. I found the beaded chain in the leather crafting/Native American crafting portion of the craft store.


This page didn't take that long, but I had a lot of fun with it. I thought the pattern on the letters was too formal, but the patterned paper and the arrangement of the letters makes it more informal. I used a border punch on the yellow paper on the left side of the layout.


This page was pretty easy, just tearing, glue, and stickers. I thought it was really cute and feminine without being too girly.


This was the easiest page ever. I was bored, and wanted to try mixing the patterns and using my colored staples so I just started randomly punching and stapling. It took longer to figure out what to do with the title than to design the page. The title is chipboard letters covered in paper and then traced with a gel pen. For the planes, I used stickers. The oringinal sticker didn't fit with the color scheme so I adhered them to the backside of the paper I wanted, cut them out, and then adhered them with adhesive foam squares to add dimention.

This might be my favorite page in the book. The large flower is a brad. The little silver words are from a jewelry line, and they are on craft wire. I adhered them with foam adhesive so they would stay in place, and then I looped the wire around the jeweled brad. This was my first time with craft wire, and I found it a bit difficult (as shown by the knarled wire at the top near the brad) so if anyone has tips for working with wire, please post comments!

This was another easy page. The tags are actually dimentional stickers. I just inked them and added brads.


I also really like this page because of the layering and the inking.

No comments: